Monday, August 22, 2011

A New Adventure...Finally!!

I FINALLY got a teaching position!!! Albeit, it's a temporary position, but it's a teaching job nonetheless!! I'm taking over for a kindergarten teacher that is doing an administrative internship. So basically that means that she's pursuing becoming a principal and can do an internship for up to 3 years. Which means I could be teaching for her for up to 3 years. Or, after a year or two, I could pursue a more permanent position in the district and would have a pretty good chance of getting one (so I'm told). Either way, it's great experience!

This new job means yet another move. But the good news is that I'm heading back to the Madison area! Despite most of my close Madison friends being gone, I'm excited to head back to the city that I love. Not that I don't love Milwaukee...but it's nice that I'll be moving to a city I'm familiar with. I have a church there. I know where I can get plugged in. I still have a few acquaintances. I know where things are. I don't usually welcome a move like this, but I feel ready and excited for it. I've had a couple good friends move out-of-state within the past month and I think it'll be easier for me if I'm in a new place too. Being here without them just reminds me that they're gone. I also was getting into some not-healthy habits while living here. I started drinking a lot more. I got involved with guys that weren't good for me (more on that later). I think a change will be good for me.

I read my last few posts from the last year. It's interesting to see why God brought me through the waiting period with my job. This time last year, I was so frustrated with life. I couldn't understand why God would allow me to lose my kindergarten aide job (a job I loved) at the end of the summer. But then, He provided me with my literacy aide job...a job that taught me so much and has made me so much more knowledgeable. I feel ready and confident because of the jobs I've had thus far. It's amazing to look back at the last 4 years since graduating college and see how each job has built upon the last. I can see the reason God put me in each job. I can even start to understand why He made me wait. Granted, this coming year will in no way be easy. But, I definitely feel more ready than ever. More ready and more prepared than I would've been even a year ago.

I also feel like God totally went before me when I interviewed for Oregon. I walked away from it feeling like it went pretty well, but it wasn't any different than any other interview I've had in the past...interviews for jobs I didn't get. I even felt like I didn't do all that great and wasn't able to communicate the best at the 2nd interview. And yet, I was offered the job within 45 minutes of leaving the 2nd interview. My new principal is beyond excited to have me working at her school. She knows that I am a knowledgeable and talented teacher. I already feel comfortable and welcomed from the few people I've met. I know this was God-ordained. It came at a time in my life when I least deserved it (again...more on that later). And yet, it all feels almost too perfect (aside from having to move rather quickly). Nothing I've done should have my principal this excited to have me a part of her staff. God has paved the path long before I stepped foot on it. It's a shame I ever doubted.

I'm hoping to be better at blogging...especially now that I will be moving once again. I will be incredibly busy this year, but I'm hoping to use this as a chance to slow down and actually process life a bit. And maybe document a few funny kid quotes. :)

1 comment: