Thursday, June 3, 2010

Kindergartenism #54:
Isabel: "We're having a Miley Cyrus singing competition."
Kelsey: "I'm really good at singing Miley Cyrus. I sound just like her. I can change my voice."

This isn't a kindergartenism, but it was something funny that my 4 year-old cousin Ainsley said last weekend:
Ainsley: "Naomi needs new pants."
Me: "Why?"
Ainsley: "Because she's a cranky pants!"

I'm feeling really defeated right now. I just received an email from the guy in charge of summer school telling me that there aren't any more openings for summer school. On Wednesday, we had a staff meeting and someone asked about whether they will be making another 1st grade class next year and my principal said it wasn't looking likely because we're losing 3-4 kids over the summer. I'm lucky to be able to apply to 1 teaching opening a week for next year.

This is how each summer has been the last 3 years, and yet I still feel anxious about job stuff. I have no idea what I'm going to do this summer on top of not knowing what I'm going to be doing in the fall. And, I need to be looking for apartments in order to possibly move out by the end of the summer. There are just so many unknowns and yet I need to be making decisions despite not knowing what I'll be doing. I have to have faith that God will make everything work out, but I'm not going to lie, it's hard to truly believe that sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment