Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Kindergartenism #52:
Grant: "It's hard for me to write with my right hand and it's hard for Aidan (his twin brother) to write with his left hand."
Me: "Grant, I just realized like a week ago that you are a leftie and Aidan is a rightie."
Kelsey: "I'm a bothie...I can do things with both of my hands."
Me: "Do you want to learn what that's called and impress your mom and dad? It's called being ambidextrous."
Kelsey: "Can you write that down? Sometimes it's hard for me to remember things. My brain is so big that sometimes things get lost in there. One time, I was at daycare and it was so windy that what I was trying to remember flew out of my head."

Kindergartenism #53:
We've been talking to the kiddos about ways to be safe. Yesterday, we talked about saying no to strangers, and we defined a stranger as anyone you don't know.
Ashton: "I know everyone."

So I applied in late February to work summer school in my district. At the end of April, we got a district-wide email that said they were working on summer school hiring and would be sending out contracts within the next few weeks. It also had an attachment that listed everyone in the district who applied for summer school. I checked, and I, as well as all of my information, was on the list. I waited and waited, and by the second week of May, I still hadn't heard anything about being officially hired. I emailed the guy in charge, asking when I could expect some information, and he replied by telling me I wasn't on the list. Since then, I've been waiting for him to get his act together and tell me if I will be teaching or not. I emailed him and told him I need to know ASAP so I can figure out my summer employment, but I still haven't heard anything from him in about a week. I'm very frustrated with the whole situation. Apparently, things have been very disorganized with summer school since he took over. If I can't teach summer school in the district, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'm sure most districts are done hiring for summer school by now and I don't know what places would be looking to hire for only 2 months or so. Just another unknown to add to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment