Monday, May 24, 2010

Kindergartenism #48:
Oscar: "It's going to be in the 80s today! And then it's going to rain the rest of the week. And then it's going to be 28 on Friday!"
Me: "28?! That's winter weather!"
Oscar: "Yep, 28."

Kindergartenism #49:
Ricki (a girl): "It's so hot! I wish I could take my shirt off. But girls have private parts under their shirts. They have belly buttons."

Kindergartenism #50:
Bella (while reading a book she wrote about her friends): "Kelsey...She is the bestest kid in the class. She always listens. She always tells me what to do...but I still like her anyway."

Kindergartenism #51:
Nora: "My dad hurt his back this weekend."
Me: "Oh no. I'm sorry to hear that. How did it happen?"
Nora: "He was riding his bike with his friend Derek. He fell off and hit his back."
Me: "Ouch I bet that hurt."
Nora: "Yeah, he broke a rib too. I have a real stethoscope at home, so I can check on him and make sure he's okay."

I have decided to make a summer to-do list. This summer will be the first summer in 7 years that I will be in Milwaukee and I realized that, despite growing up here for many years, there are many things I haven't done here. On Friday, I crossed the first thing off my list!

#1: Go on the Lakefront Brewery tour. May 21, 2010

This was probably the best $7 I've ever spent! You get 24 oz. of beer (4 6 oz. samples), an entertaining tour, and a free glass at the end! It was really fun and we plan on going many more times this summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment