Friday, September 2, 2011

2 days down, 178 to go

The first two days of school have come and gone. And I'm still alive and able to write about it! :P

Our district has it so that 1/2 of each kindergarten class comes the first day of school and the other 1/2 comes the second day of school. It definitely made the first two days much easier! Part of me liked only having 11 and 9 kids at a time (for obvious reasons), but Tuesday with all 20 is going to be like starting all over. Tuesday is going to be like the first day all over again. Yikes.

Overall, I really like my class. They're all very sweet! I can already pick out the kiddos that will wear on my patience and the ones that will have a hard time following directions though. Nothing (hopefully) too bad. With some of the kiddos I've dealt with in the past, my kids this year seem very tame.

I'm really enjoying my coworkers! They're very different than the teachers I worked with last year (who I loved as well!), but I feel like I fit in pretty well. One thing I really love is how encouraging they all are. I still don't know who everyone is or everyone's name, but despite that, I'm always being asked how things are going and how I'm doing. I've also been told multiple times how great of a teacher I am...even after only the first day! It amazes me how much these people believe in me and how much potential they see in me so early on. It's very clear to me that this is something God has ordained because no other district or school I applied to in the past 4 years saw my potential and were willing to give me a chance despite not having a lot of full-time classroom teaching experience.

I feel like there is more I can tell you guys about the first couple of days, but my brain is so tired that it was hard for me to even write those last couple of paragraphs. I'll try to keep you guys updated. :)

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you and this new chapter in your career...and overall life, considering the move it entails! Looking forward to hearing more as the days and weeks go on. :-)

    ReplyDelete