Monday, November 2, 2009

Kindergartenism #15:
Me (while sitting with the kids in the house area): "Raziel, are you a soccer player?"
Raziel: "Yes. I'm a teenager."
Ashton (dressed up in a man's dress coat): "I'm the dad." (calls to the other kids in the house area) "Who wants to date me?"

Kindergartenism #16:
Jack: " I have a girlfriend."
Me: "You have a girlfriend?? Aren't you a little young to have a girlfriend?"
Jack: "No. She's older than me."

I went to Madison this past weekend for a Halloween party. Oh yeah, and to see my rockstar friends. :) It's so ironic that I spent Halloween in Madison. When I was a college student, I came home just about every Halloween weekend to escape the madness. I HATED Halloween when I was in college. But, this weekend I wasn't staying anywhere near campus and the party was hosted by someone from church, so I figured it would be a safe bet.

I had so much fun. I drove up Friday afternoon and picked Holly up from work. We went to the grocery store and then she made an AMAZING dinner for us. Spinach lasagna, Caesar salad, vanilla muffins, and a strawberry angel food cake dessert. So good. We played a little Settlers and watched Harry Potter 5 (woohoo!). On Saturday, Jennifer and I went and saw "Where the Wild Things Are"...fun movie! On Saturday night, I totally convinced (maybe guilt tripped is a better phrase) Holly to come with us to the party. She hates parties and didn't want to go, but was already feeling bored by the time we started to get ready. We had just watched Step Up 2, so using some inspiration from the movie, she put together a thug costume (or K. Fed as some people liked to call her). She really got into her costume and danced the whole night. We enjoyed looking ridiculous and convincing other people to look ridiculous with us. :P

Aside from the terrible Packer game, it was a great weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment