Saturday, September 26, 2009

Life in kindergarten!

I finished my first week of work! Whew, I'm exhausted! I'm really enjoying it though. I work with both kindergarten classrooms at Lincoln Elementary in Wauwatosa. Each class has 25 students (one class will soon have 26!) so I have lots of kiddos to work with! I pretty much had all their names down by the end of the second day...go me! The teachers and I sat down and made a schedule for me earlier this week. I basically help out in one classroom for an hour or two, and then switch to the other class...and go back and forth all day. It's hectic and tiring, but it's fun. I love kindergarten. I love the kids' curiosity and excitement. I love their cute sayings. And they're so adorable! I'm learning a ton from the two teachers I work with. And they know I'm a certified teacher, so they want to give me plenty of teaching responsibility. But, one of the best parts about this job is that I have no outside work! I don't really know what to do with my time after work. It's a good problem to have though. :)

Overall, being back in Milwaukee has been good. Last night, I went to the Heritage homecoming game and saw a lot of my former coworkers and even a few students. It was a blast and so good for my heart. Those people are my family here and I've really missed them. I kept hearing how much they all miss me at Heritage, but they're all genuinely excited for my new job. I miss my girls from Madison like crazy and I haven't really gotten to talk to them much since coming back to Milwaukee, but it helps knowing that I have people here that care about me and that I enjoy spending time with. I'm excited to see what changes this year will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment