Monday, October 26, 2009

Kindergartenism #14:
Carson: "What is glue made out of?" (referring to a gluestick)
Me: "That's a great question. I have no idea."
Carson: "I think it's made out of marshmallow."
Me: "Marshmallow?? Then we'd be able to eat it!"
Grant: "Maybe we should Google it. Google knows everything, you know." (Google was pronounced "googowe" because he can't say his L's.)
Me: "Yeah, that would be a good idea."
Kelsey: "Yeah, Google knows everything! One time my dad Googled the mysteries of macaroni and cheese!"

Tomorrow is our Halloween (technically "fall") costume party. I'm dressing up as a cowgirl. It will be chaotic and fun all at the same time. :)

Tonight I had bible study. We're studying 1 John. Tonight we (the girls...we split up into separate groups) talked about love. God's love for us. Our love for other people. How we receive (or maybe don't) love from others. Basically, we realized together that we ALL want to feel and be loved by others. By God. By friends. By family. And of course...by guys. It was one of the best bible studies because we all connected on a heart level. We're all going through (or have been through) the same feelings and have the same wants and needs. And we talked about how we can be there for each other in the ways that we all need. I decided to be vulnerable and share how I get anxious that I will lose people's love or feel like I don't deserve to be loved by others. And I found out...I'm not alone. Almost everyone said they've been there or are there. I'm not just some weirdo with crazy issues. It's something a lot of women struggle with and it was reassuring to realize that. I'm excited to see the ways God is going to work through this group, particularly the women. I'm really enjoying getting to know them better and feeling like I am gaining a solid group of people to connect with and lean on.

God is so good and faithful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment