Monday, October 12, 2009

Kindergartenism #7:
Me: "Hi Josie! How was your weekend? What did you do?"
Josie: "We went to Mexico."
Me: "Mexico? The country? Did you drive?"
Josie: "Yes, we drove."
Me: "How long did it take you?"
Josie: "200."
Me: "200 minutes? 200 hours? 200 days?"
Josie: "200 hours."
Me: "Wow, that's a long trip!"

Kindergartenism #8:
Raziel (while looking at a book of Goldilocks and the Three Bears): "I know why they call her Goldilocks."
Me: "Why?"
Raziel: "Because she keeps unlocking houses and going in them!"

So I found out today that one of our new little kiddos' moms was on the news yesterday because of child neglect. We had been informed that her mom was not allowed to pick her up from school, but we didn't really know the whole story. Now we do. It's really sad. Here's the story: http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/64160417.html

Last weekend I went to Miranda's grandma's farm about an hour west of Madison. We went because Holly's sister Heather was in town from Indy, so we thought it would be a fun thing to do since she's been to Madison a couple of times before. It was a great fall weekend. We took walks with all the dogs through the cornfields, went to the apple orchard and bought apples, visited Miranda's aunt and uncle's house and played with all her cousins' kids, saw cows (Heather let the calves suck her fingers! I wasn't so into that...), went to church with the family, and ate LOTS of good homecooked meals! It was a great time. I love those girls so much. :)

On Monday, I had coffee with Annie and then went to my new Bible study. My coffee date was so good. It was great to catch up with her. Annie was one of my former 3rd grade co-workers at Heritage, so we often went to each other to vent and we became pretty good friends. She told me a little about what the school is going through and her struggles this year. I'm sad to hear the school is still having a hard time, but I'm thankful that God had another plan for me. I've realized that my year there was meant for me to build relationships. Yes, it gave me experience which helps too, but when looking back, I've realized that the friendships I made there are the biggest things I took away from it. Now, I have a great job that I love and I have time to invest in the friendships I made at Heritage.

I've really enjoyed the new Bible study I started going to. It's much bigger, but I feel like the people there are a better fit for me. There are a ton of women that are really involved and that I connect with. I counted last Monday and found out there are now 9 teachers in my Bible study of 20-25! That alone is a great connecting point for me. So, it's been fun getting to know some of them. Tonight, I'm going to Impact, my church's 20's group meeting (same as Access for those of you in Madison). I didn't go regularly last year because I didn't have time at night to do anything other than schoolwork. Now that I have time at night and have met some Impact people through my Bible study, I thought I'd give it a try tonight and see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment