Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I saw Mike tonight at team trivia. Our friendship is so interesting. We're flirty with each other, but I don't expect anything or let it affect my heart. It's almost just naturally how we interact together...I can't really explain it.

Mike had 2 interviews for a job in Green Bay in the last couple of weeks, and was finally given an offer. He's been thinking, praying, and processing this decision for the last week and told me tonight he's 80% sure he's going to take it. It's either take the job (in the field he wants to work in and has a passion for) in a city he doesn't want to live in, or stay in the city he loves and sell running shoes (not a field he has a passion for). Naturally, he's leaning towards following his passion. I don't blame the guy. I did that when I moved from Madison to Milwaukee before I felt ready. It turned out to be the best thing for me...after the hardest year of my life.

I want him to pursue his passion. I want him to have the opportunity to do what he loves doing. But, to be honest...I don't want him to leave. I love having him here. We have so much fun. He's fun to be around. He makes me laugh. He makes me feel important. He's become a really good friend and I will miss him terribly if he leaves. And I honestly mean that just as a friend.

I hate change. Anyone who knows me well knows my whole life has been about change, and I'm ready for it to end. But unfortunately, change is a part of life and I have to accept it. I hate that friends come and go in my life. I hate that people I once felt close to feel distant now. But, I'm having to come to terms with the fact that God has put certain people in my life at certain times for a reason. It may be just for a season or it may be longer...but each person plays a role. And I've noticed that God also has put the right people in my life at the right times. He knows what I need in my life and hasn't failed to provide that. I just need to remember to trust His timing and learn to let go if it's time for a friend to move on...as hard as it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment