Monday, March 22, 2010

Kindergartenism #37:
Marie: "Oh man, my backpack is so heavy today!"
Me: "What's making it so heavy?"
Marie: "Well, I have an extra pair of gloves and an extra hat in it today."

Kindergartenism #38:
Evelyn: "Public school means you can't come to school with no clothes on."
Me: "What??"
Evelyn: "Public school means you can't go to school naked."
Me: "You can't go to any school naked!"

On Monday my principal observed me teach a whole group literacy lesson. My intention is that he'll have a good idea of my teaching style and strengths when I interview for the 2nd grade opening at my school. I thought it went pretty well. I was a little nervous when he first came to the classroom, but once I started teaching, I completely forgot he was even there. He told me he wants to type up what he saw and then meet with me soon. I'm anxious to hear what he has to say!

Mike decided not to take the job in Green Bay. He said that his heart just wasn't in it and he was dreading it before he even decided to take it. I'm excited he'll be staying in the area. For now, he's going to keep working at the running store because they've told him there's the opportunity to do management, as well as possibly website design or marketing. He'll be a fun buddy to have around this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment