Friday, March 26, 2010

Kindergartenism #39:
Nora: "Shelby, I love you. You're so cute. You look like a little turtle." (Turtles are Shelby's favorite animal, so I think this was supposed to be a compliment. :P)


Well, this is it. Wedding season. It's looming in the near distance.

Usually, I have 1, maybe 2 weddings each wedding season. The grand total so far this season...5. Not just any 5 weddings...my brother's as well as a few good friends'.

Did I mention that it's my younger brother getting married? Oh, and that I will be the only person in my family (siblings, cousins, etc.) at the wedding that's single?

I'm excited for everyone that's getting married. And I'm even looking forward to the weddings because it'll be fun to see everyone. But it'll be 5 more reminders that I'm single and nowhere near getting married.

I know God has a plan for that area of my life. And I know that it'll be better than anything I can imagine. But some days it's hard to be patient. Especially when people around me don't have to wait anymore.

I'm thankful that I still have a handful of good friends that are single. They remind me that I'm not alone and they help me not think or worry about being single.

No comments:

Post a Comment